Monday, January 14, 2013

I found my religion

I guess I no longer have to write "Atheist" when they ask my religion while filling in forms. I've found it finally. Well it's been there all along really, and I have been a faithful follower. But the divine light shone on me while having a chat with my best friend. It was the moment when she told me that she's bought her first pair of Jimmy Choo's. And in that conversation, my life changed forever, and so did my FB status. Shopping! Yes! THAT is my new religion. And like any other religious fanatic I have many reasons why you should follow my religion and no other:
  1. It has the potential to unite 50% of humankind (do note I said 'human' not 'man' - though Gaurav can outshop me ANY day)
  2. It gives you inner peace. There is nothing like 'retail therapy' to beat the blues
  3. It gives you instant gratification. Not next life, not next year, it's here and now!
  4. There is not 'auspicious' or 'inauspicious' time to do it. Unfortunately the 'temples' (stores) aren't open 24 hours
  5. You can see where your money is going. You wish for something, pay for it, and hey it's urs. Plus the service is fabulous and sometimes you get discounts
The only unfortunate part is that religious wars may break out during 'sale' season.

Abrupt end to this blog. Very sleepy, cannot keep eyes open. But if you are a shopaholic like me.. add your reason as to why shopping should be declared a 'universal religion'.

No comments: