Sunday, February 24, 2008

hermione granger

Ah! hair woes! here goes....
Once upon a time I had silky straight dark brown hair; and then the fateful day arrived when i decided to get it permed. Translated for the not so fair sex, a perm is when a woman surrenders her hair to a beautician, to pull, jerk, smother it with a lotion that stinks to high heavens, curl it tightly and stack it up on her head (the woman's not the beautician's), then sit around flipping magazines for hours till the time the revered beauty expert finds time to wash her hair and take out the curlers (yes, in that order) and the result is happy ringlets ala the model in d'damas ad (the name eludes me).
Well getting back to the topic, i did go through the above mentioned torture and well.. ahem.. even i was a little scared by looking at the woman staring back at me from the mirror. I'll get used to it, it's ok, just the initial shock...
The thing with a perm is that as long as the hair is moist, it looks hot and sexy, with those tender ringlets framing your face. But the minute it dries.. and heavens forbid if you run a COMB through it.. my!! it's like the centerfresh ad then or more like you put your finger in an electric socket and turned on the switch just for kicks.
So was it with me; and after getting a mixed opinion (hot and happening & scary) i was getting pretty used to it. Though now and then bumping into an old acquaintance would bring out remarks like "what have you done to your hair", "it looks like a broom", "i don't know you".
Still all was fine until a month ago. That's when my perm entered its decline stage (the marketing guys will get it; PDLC). Now it's neither curly nor straight and i fully empathize with the Hermione Granger of first Harry Potter book. I wish i could get some of the potion that made her hair smooth and silky later on. The look of my hair has now been degraded from a broom-look to that of an unbrushed dog. No hair style would stay, can't tie it, can't leave it open, don't want to cut it... so the only option i have is to wait and watch and pray that this mess straightens out asap.
Moral of the story: don't mess with your hair.. even if you think you know what you are getting into.

5 comments:

Prateek said...

i wanted to make the same comment wen i met u in hyd but i restrained myself from saying that!!!! ;)

RC said...

One good Samaritan of a beautician stopped me from getting a perm! All she needed was one look at my face and she said "aap maintain nahin kar paaoge madam"

dreamy_writer said...

hey cool... i wanted a perm since ages and... well i somehow still want it... i think im gonna settle down with some streaks for now... all the best for ur hair though... time to iron them again... oil and pamper them ;)

Unknown said...

Brrrrooomhead :)

Anonymous said...

I love what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work and coverage!
Keep up the superb works guys I've added you guys to my blogroll.

My blog post :: joomla lehrgang
Have a look at my web page :: best wordpress templates