Monday, July 16, 2012

How hugs redefine the universe

There is nothing so bad that a nice hug can't make better. There's something nice and warm and cosy in a hug that tells you so many things at once "I'm there for you", "I'll catch you if you fall", "everything will be alright", "you'll get through this", "I'm so happy to see you", "i love you", "i missed you", "I'm sorry", "goodbye", "till we meet again". There is so much that a hug can say that words can probably never convey.

A hug has a comforting smell, a feeling of closeness with another human being, that just makes you forget all your troubles and just breathe in the sense of security and that of being wanted.

There are so many things a hug has helped me get over: The first bruised knee, the first bruised ego, the first taste of family fights, the first lover's tiff, a bad day at office, a fight with a friend.... the list is endless!

Maybe I am just a touchy feely person, but a hug makes everything that's  wrong; right instantly. Maybe I am just needy, but a hug makes me feel wanted. And I'm sure the people who started "free hugs" or thought up a "jadoo ki jhappi" felt the power of a hug to redefine the universe.

Well, I need a hug now :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awwww.... I agree completely... i love hugs too... and i miss your hugs... its been 12 yrs since you left jaipur... and meeting once a year, is just not enough.