Sunday, July 08, 2012

Inked for life


Finally after 10 years of waiting I got my wish! Yes, I've been inked for life. And my chosen companion is a phoenix. I didn't know what I wanted till I saw it, and then it was suddenly clear that THIS was what I was looking for.

A bit of R&D and I finally went to a tattoo artist recommended by a friend. Surprisingly the design fit in my budget as well. So the date was set and the wait began. Y wait? Because apparently everyone wants a tattoo and that place was swamped with appointments. The only slot I could get was 3 days later at 9:00pm!

It's tough for me to wait and with something that is alien to you! There is no way to know how much it'll hurt till the needle actually touches u. To think about it for 3 more days didn't help. I don't really have a high pain threshold. And I wondered how the hell am I gonna endure it for 1.5 hrs!Well when it started it actually went on for 3 hrs!! Apparently I drink a lot and hence my skin does not absorb color well. So he really had to drill it over and over again to get some ink to stay. And THAT hurt like hell, especially in the last 1 hour. And I still have to go for a touch-up after 3 weeks.

But the end result was awesome and totally worth it! So now I have a beautiful phoenix on my back that constantly reminds me that anytime everything burns down and I am down in the dumps I can pick myself up from the ashes and fly again. And that is a very comforting thought :)

No comments: